The Official Blog of the Music Conservatory of Westchester
Valhalla Fifth Grader Receives The James Ranti Trumpet Scholarship
Wednesday, February 01, 2017
Trumpet teacher James Ranti was a fixture at the Music Conservatory of Westchester from September, 2002 until his passing this past December. At a memorial service held in January, many former students recounted the dedication and inspiration he gave to countless students over a lifetime of teaching. To celebrate this legacy, the Conservatory has named a scholarship in his honor.
Andrew Paucar, who began studying trumpet at the Conservatory in November, has been named the recipient of The James Ranti Trumpet Scholarship. The Valhalla fifth grader currently takes trumpet lessons with Conservatory faculty member David Hurd. He also takes Elementary Theory, and plays in the Latin Jazz band with his older brother Pablo, a saxophone student. Andrew attends fifth grade at the Kensico Elementary School in Valhalla. He is one of more than 80 dedicated students who receive need-based tuition assistance through the Conservatory’s Scholarship Program .
Caption: (Left) Andrew Paucar stands under a picture of James Ranti (Right) James Ranti of Hartsdale was a fixture at the Conservatory for 15 years. His wife Juliet Gopoian teaches piano at the organization.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- MCW Faculty John Lang Headlines at Local Restaurant
- You're Invited to Our "Inside the Studio" Week
- Conservatory a Finalist in Mommy Poppins Bestie Awards!
- Join Us for a Special Recital for Piano & Strings
- Save the Date for an Amazing Night!
- MCW Students Do Amazing Things!
- Conservatory Included in Westchester Toyota's 22nd Give Back Campaign
- "Story of the Piano" Concert Series
- Music Conservatory to Hold Early Open Houses
- “School of Rock” Broadway Star chats with Port Chester Middle School Students
Music Therapy Institute classes from the director fundraising event rock community events recordings Westchester Choral Society healing our heroes guitar grants harpsichord jazz summer music & arts workshops awards jazz/rock/pop singing adult students brass chappaqua orchestra war veterans suzuki board of trustees closings performances classical scholarship news strings weather columns faculty news student news for parents golf & tennis classic open house early childhood alumni news piano