The Official Blog of the Music Conservatory of Westchester
"Story of the Piano" Concert Series
Thursday, February 23, 2017
Celebrate the Piano with the talented young students of the Music Conservatory of Westchester! Hear pieces by the “rock star” composers of the 18th and 19th centuries - Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Schubert, Schumann and more - plus composers who wrote music especially for teaching children. Learn how the piano was invented, and how it became the most popular instrument of all time. Take a peek into the lives of the great piano composers and how they influenced piano builders to make it bigger and better.
Concerts will take place Sat, March 25th, 2:30pm at Ossining Library, Sat, April 22nd, 2:00pm at New Rochelle Library and Sun, May 14th, 2:00pm (Mother’s Day) at Grinton Will Library in Yonkers. These concerts are supported by the Westchester Community Foundation, The Rudyard and Emanuella Reimss Fund.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- MCW Faculty John Lang Headlines at Local Restaurant
- You're Invited to Our "Inside the Studio" Week
- Conservatory a Finalist in Mommy Poppins Bestie Awards!
- Join Us for a Special Recital for Piano & Strings
- Save the Date for an Amazing Night!
- MCW Students Do Amazing Things!
- Conservatory Included in Westchester Toyota's 22nd Give Back Campaign
- "Story of the Piano" Concert Series
- Music Conservatory to Hold Early Open Houses
- “School of Rock” Broadway Star chats with Port Chester Middle School Students
Music Therapy Institute chappaqua orchestra rock harpsichord brass performances open house guitar news columns classes piano closings board of trustees from the director for parents weather summer music & arts Westchester Choral Society strings singing early childhood war veterans fundraising event scholarship golf & tennis classic classical grants adult students workshops alumni news student news recordings faculty news community events suzuki jazz healing our heroes jazz/rock/pop awards