The Official Blog of the Music Conservatory of Westchester
"Story of the Piano" Concert Series
Thursday, February 23, 2017
Celebrate the Piano with the talented young students of the Music Conservatory of Westchester! Hear pieces by the “rock star” composers of the 18th and 19th centuries - Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Schubert, Schumann and more - plus composers who wrote music especially for teaching children. Learn how the piano was invented, and how it became the most popular instrument of all time. Take a peek into the lives of the great piano composers and how they influenced piano builders to make it bigger and better.
Concerts will take place Sat, March 25th, 2:30pm at Ossining Library, Sat, April 22nd, 2:00pm at New Rochelle Library and Sun, May 14th, 2:00pm (Mother’s Day) at Grinton Will Library in Yonkers. These concerts are supported by the Westchester Community Foundation, The Rudyard and Emanuella Reimss Fund.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Save the Date for an Amazing Night!
- MCW Students Do Amazing Things!
- Conservatory Included in Westchester Toyota's 22nd Give Back Campaign
- "Story of the Piano" Concert Series
- Music Conservatory to Hold Early Open Houses
- “School of Rock” Broadway Star chats with Port Chester Middle School Students
- Valhalla Fifth Grader Receives The James Ranti Trumpet Scholarship
- MCW student's Composition Performed by NY Philharmonic
- New York Classical Quartet Concert
- Vote the Conservatory the "Best Music School" in Westchester
piano golf & tennis classic brass healing our heroes fundraising event chappaqua orchestra weather rock jazz/rock/pop guitar early childhood recordings community events war veterans adult students columns strings Music Therapy Institute closings classical jazz grants board of trustees alumni news student news Westchester Choral Society open house scholarship from the director classes harpsichord news for parents workshops summer music & arts faculty news singing performances suzuki awards